Building Information Modelling – BIM
Building Information Modelling (BIM) is an intelligent 3D Model-based process that equips architecture, engineering, and construction professionals with the insight and tools to more effectively plan, design, construct, and manage buildings and infrastructure.
BIM is essentially a collaboration through the entire life-cycle of an asset, underpinned by digital technologies, and the creation, collation and exchange of shared 3D Models and intelligent, structured data attached to them.
The information within BIM Models help facilitate better informed decision making resulting in better business outcomes, clarity, improved communication, better efficiency and ultimately increased cost savings across the life-cycle of modern Construction Projects.
BIM is changing the way Projects are designed, engineered, built, and managed.
Shared knowledge resource to support decision-making creating a reliable platform for decisions during a Project life-cycle.
Scan to BIM
As-Built Data is captured using 3D Laser Scanning Technology and processed through BIM Software to create an “information intelligent model” from the Point Cloud Data.
BIM Software packages include:
- AutoDesk REVIT Architecture.
- AutoDesk REVIT Structure.
- AutoDesk REVIT MEP.
Key Benefits of BIM include:
- Improved coordination and control helps reduce contractor’s risk.
- Utilise intelligent, connected workflows to help improve predictability, productivity and profitability.
- Increased cost, time, and performance certainty.
- Make more informed design decisions.
- Reduced risk in construction phase.
- Enhanced coordination and asset delivery.
- Build more efficiently and cost-effectively.
- Improve productivity and quality of work.
- BIM can offer Clients & Stakeholders a greater opportunity to understand and influence the Project.
Governments worldwide are mandating or recommending BIM, and recognizing its value to the successful delivery of Projects.