York House – London
Download as a pdf
York House. 199 Westminster Bridge, London.
About this Project
Chanton was commissioned by Balfour Beatty to carry out Engineering Works at York House. Chanton were also responsible for implementing all Quality Assurance on sub-contractors works during the Project.
The scope of works involved the demolition of York House and the Florence Nightingale Public House and the redevelopment of the site comprising the erection of a 19 storey building over basement, to accommodate student accommodation and ancillary facilities.
The 38,500 (GIA) square metre scheme accommodates 1,100 student rooms (including double-height studios on the uppermost floors) with associated common spaces, a sixth-form college for 700 students spread over four floors, affordable workspace at ground and a health suite incorporating swimming pool and leisure facilities on the lower level.
- Check existing Control Network.
- Establish & Maintain Primary and Secondary Control Network on each floor.
- Set Out Grid-lines on each floor of existing Concrete Structure.
- Establish Level Datum’s on each floor of existing Concrete Structure.
- Set Out Grid-lines and points on the curved internal wall positions.
- Perform Quality Control on sub-contractors work.
- Conduct a full As-Built Survey of existing Concrete Structure.
Engineering Works to include:
- General Setting Out duties as specified by Main Contractor.
- Setting Out Gridlines.
- Setting Out Datum’s.
- Quality Control.
AS-Built survey to include:
- All structural columns and walls positioned.
- Verticality Checks on all Columns.
- Positions of all Voids on floors and soffits.
- All structural walls positioned.
- All structural beams and soffit levels.
2D Drawing produced for each floor.