48-49 Pall Mall – London
Download as a pdf
48-49 Pall Mall, London, SW1Y 5JG
About this Project
Chanton provided a tailored Monitoring Programme to include Structural / Movement Monitoring, Vibration Monitoring, & Noise Monitoring across a shared platform for the duration of the Project.
Chanton Survey was commissioned by Galliford Try to carry out Monitoring Works at 48-49 Pall Mall. The Project Specification was to accurately monitor any movement of the structure during the 80 Week construction phase of the Project.
Redevelopment of 48-49 to provide a new (Class B1) Office Building at basement, ground, and seven upper storeys, plus a roof top plant area. Demolition behind the retained facade at first to fifth of No. 49 and complete demolition of No. 48 Pall Mall. Installation of new ground floor frontage to the No. 49. Replacement of roof of 49 at sixth and seventh storeys. New facades to No. 48 and to Rose and Crown Yard at the rear. Provision of a single disabled parking space on Rose and Crown Yard.
Provide Monitoring across the entire Construction Phases of the Project.
Monitoring Programme to include:
- 2Movement Monitoring.
- Vibration Monitoring.
- Noise Monitoring.
Frequency of Monitoring:
- Twice per week during the raft removal, underpinning, and bulk dig phase of the project.
- Once per week during sub-structure works (GFL and below).
- Fortnightly during super-structure works (above GFL).
- Monthly until the end of construction (to exclude fit out phase).
- The information was Processed & Presented in Tabular & Graphical format.
- Results Spread Sheets were produced detailing the position of the Monitoring Targets and the direction
Duration of Works
80 Week Project
May 2014 – March 2016